I’ve rounded up some recent shout-outs to Columbia and Berkshire County.
There seems to be a Pittsfield/Hudson-as-Brooklyn trend growing. I don’t know if I’d go that far, or even that direction. But it makes a good pull quote, I suppose.
- Time for a place in the country? (NYTimes, October 1, 2010)
- “According to the New York State Association of Realtors, the number of resales of single-family homes (which includes primary residences as well as second homes) in Columbia County was up 36.3 percent the first half of this year compared with the first half of 2009, and prices edged up 4.1 percent during that period.”
- Davistudio on remodelista. Anuj and I unintentionally drove by davistudio a few weeks ago. I think I squealed when I saw the sign.
- Musicians find Hudson: “Just a smaller version of Brooklyn” (Where Bands Feel at Home, NYTimes)
- Pittsfield: “The Brooklyn of the Berkshires” (Financial Times, September 11, 2010)
- Stylist Peter Frank’s Hudson Home (House Beautiful, October 2010 – I will be posting more pics of this amazing house soon)